Mar 18, 2010

Missions Update from Chris Hardy

March 16, 2010

Hello Prayer Partners,

What a beautiful Spring day in Michigan. I hope you are enjoying the warm weather and a strong sense of the Lord’s presence today. Here’s an update of what has been going on with us and the ministry of Relational Life Ministries.

1) Last month I mentioned the first of the small groups was in the process of starting. I met with the three neighbors I told you about in the last update and with a fourth neighbor a couple weeks later. As a result of the first meeting, I have started exercising with the guy next door and have been getting to know him better. He mentioned that his wife would like to get together with Julia and me to hear more about the outreach of RLM. Please keep praying for open doors for spiritual conversations and, eventually, to more in-depth Bible study.

2) I did attend the meeting of the folks in their 20s and 30s who are very interested in relational evangelism. It was an encouraging evening. I would like to go back, but their meeting time conflicts with another commitment I have on Monday. This commitment will be ending in early May and then I should be able to return to get and give encouragement and prayer with a like-minded group of people.

3) Continue to pray for me as I develop an equipping seminar to help people learn how to engage in relational evangelism. I have a better idea of the content, I just need to put it together in presentation form. I am hoping to have it completed by the end of April. I’ll send you all more information so you can attend and invite others from your church or small group to come as well. Also, be looking for more information about a new RLM website and blog.

4) We still need your prayers for our finances. Pledged support remains at 33% of our budget. I will be looking for a part-time job in the next couple of weeks both to supplement our income and meet people in the work place in order to seek opportunities to share Christ’s love with them.

5) Please pray for our kids. Ben & Angie have put an offer on a different house than the one I mentioned last month. They like it better and is out in the country about 8 miles from our place in Ypsilanti. Ask the Lord to guide the inspectors and lenders so all goes according to His plan for them. Nathanael has applied to Grace College (where Beth attends). The acceptance letter (we hope) is waiting for him on our mail table. Pray for him as he continues to go through this process, especially for good roommates and a nice financial aid package. Beth had a malformed tooth extracted today and is not feeling very well, but maybe a visit from her new boyfriend (a nice young man she met at our new church) will cheer her up. Please pray for her dental health - this is just the first step in a year long process of getting a dental implant to replace the malformed tooth - and for her relationship with Mark. Ask the Lord to give them wisdom as they seek His will. Rachel is graduating from our home school in May, but wants to take classes locally for a year before going on to Belhaven University in Mississippi to study dance. Please pray that we will have the wisdom to know which courses she should take next fall and at which local college.

Thanks again for your faithful intercession for us. We’ll keep you up-to-date as the Lord starts to answer these requests.

Blessings,
Chris

No comments: