Mar 23, 2010

Frontline Fellowship

Frontline Fellowship Newsletter
February, 2010
Dear Team,

We are looking forward to getting back up to speak this year with a number of missionary projects in mind. Frankly, we were glad to see the last of last year with all the down time in hospital and three surgeries in the past five months. But it was not all negative. When you're flat on your back there's only one way to look-and that's up!

We rejoiced to look to the Lord and He taught us many lessons during this period; among them: the vital importance of handing over the title deed of our lives to Jesus Christ. That day in July, when I was wheeled into surgery to have the lower left lobe of my lung removed due to lung cancer, I was ready and eager to meet the Lord. I really thought it was the end of my life here. There was no fear, just a wonderful anticipation and assurance of seeing Jesus, face to face and being with Him for all eternity. In His sovereign mercy (and I believe) in answer to your prayers the operation was a success and my life has been extended. I praise God and want to make the most of it.

So 2010 is now a new page. In fact it looks more like a new book. My ministry with Frontline Fellowship is sheer joy. I am able to mentor younger men for ministry, preach the Gospel wherever the Lord opens doors and free to write - which I long to do more of.

Meantime our colleague, Jeff Black, went last month to South Africa to participate in the Biblical Worldview Seminar and Great Commission Course conducted by Frontline Fellowship under the leadership of Dr. Peter Hammond. Jeff stayed on for a few weeks to become fully acquainted with the practical procedures that will be a vital part of his new ministry as Frontline's Director of Communications.

Please continue to pray for our 14-year old grandson, Christopher Hammond. The kidney transplant from his donor Mom was a success, but there have been post-operative problems to be dealt with and further procedures indicated. We'll keep you updated on our blog. www.pennireef1west.wordpress.com

Harriet joins me in wishing you and all your family a very blessed 2010! We're looking forward to keeping in touch.

Yours in His grip,

Bill Bathman

(You can follow Bill's updates at: www.frontlinefellowship.net/billbathman)

No comments: