Apr 11, 2014

New Beginnings Prison Ministry


We enjoyed having Virginia Hubbard,
Missionary and Director of New Beginnings Prison Ministry
with us on Sunday, April 6, 2014.

 
She shared with us about her husband's death last year
and her being led to continue this vital outreach to prisoners in
the state of Michigan.
 
Virgina read letters that she has received from these men,
and we were blessed to hear how the Lord is ministering to them
through the Bible studies she sends out.
 
She admonished us all, especially the teens in our congregation,
to be careful about who your friends are because, as she
explained, we can get into trouble this way. Trouble that
could cost you your freedom. She read a letter from a man
serving 75 years because he was associated with the one who
committed the crime.
 
Matthew 25:35-46 ESV          
"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?" 
 


No comments: