Oct 16, 2013

Quotes from Missionaries

 
 
Here is a special collection of “quotes worth repeating” by missionaries from decades gone by…

“If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him.” -C.T. Studd

“My life is one long daily, hourly record of answered prayer. For physical health, for mental overstrain, for guidance given marvelously, for errors and dangers averted, for enmity to the Gospel subdued, for food provided at the exact hour needed, for everything that goes to make up life and my poor service. I can testify, with a full and often wonder-stricken awe, that I believe God answers prayer.” -Mary Slessor

“God’s work done in God’s way will never lack God’s supplies.” -J. Hudson Taylor

“If we wait until every possible hindrance has been removed before we do a work for the Lord, we will never attempt to do anything.” -T.J. Back

“In all our calculations we calculate on God’s faithfulness.” -J. Hudson Taylor

I could not think that God was poor, that He was short of resources, or unwilling to supply any want of whatever work was really His. -J. Hudson Taylor

“I never felt homesick since I knew God to be my Father.” -Isabella Thoburn

“Have we forgotten that there is a Holy Spirit, that we must insist upon walking upon crutches when we might fly?” -A.J. Gordon

“The Holy Spirit is just as truly in us when He makes no sign as when the fountains of joy are overflowing, or the waters of peace are softly refreshing our weary and troubled heart.”
-A. B. Simpson

No comments: