Apr 20, 2010

Missions Update from Chris Hardy

April, 2010

Hello Prayer Partners,

What a beautiful Spring day in Michigan. I hope you are enjoying the warm weather and a strong sense of the Lord’s presence today. Here’s an update of what has been going on with us and the ministry of Relational Life Ministries.

1) The number one prayer request this month is for the Lord’s favor with Ms. L the IRS worker assigned to RLM’s request for tax exempt status. I just answered her second round of questions regarding our application. I don’t know if she is being picky on her own or if it is increased scrutiny by the IRS in general on non-profits. In any case, please pray that this round of answers satisfies her and she rules favorably in RLM’s request.

2) Keep praying about the development of small groups. It has not been easy getting together with the guys I mentioned in the last two updates. I will be trying again soon and will also be advertising Spiritual Discovery Discussion Groups in the next couple of weeks. These would be advertised via the internet, posters, and word of mouth. Please pray that the Lord will bring the people he wants to be a part of that group.

3) Continue to pray for me as I develop an equipping seminar to help people learn how to engage in relational evangelism. Many of you have taken the survey I sent about Christians’ perceptions of Non-Christians. Thanks. If you have not taken it, please open the attached file, fill it out and email it back to me at http://www.blogger.com/ I am making good progress on the seminar and potentially have the first group who wants to participate in the training. I’ve pushed back the deadline a bit, but should have it completed in the next couple of weeks. I’ll let you know more soon. The new RLM website is in the works (I have found someone with a free content management program that will help me build the site, though I haven’t settled on a host or registered the domain name yet. I’ll be doing that this week. My RLM related blog is up and running. It’s called 21st Century Wineskins and can be found at http://www.blogger.com/ (it’s not case sensitive, I just wrote it that way to make it easier to read. Check it out and let me know what you think. You can sign up for email alerts when a new article is posted. I’m trying to write at least one new post per week. Hope you like it and are challenged.

4) Continue to intercede for our support. Nothing new has come since our last update. I’m now working part time to supplement our income. If you would like to make a contribution to our ministry please reply to this email and I’ll send you a donation envelope. Thanks.

5) Please pray for our kids. Ben & Angie have put an offer (which has been accepted) on still a different house than the one I mentioned last month. The last one I mentioned needed a $30,000 septic system repair that the seller didn’t disclose so the deal fell through. They like the new place even more than the first two they put offers on. Julia likes it too because it is in our neighborhood and she can (someday) be the grandma down the block. ;) Please pray the financing goes well and that they are able to close on the house soon. Nathanael has been accepted to Grace College (where Beth attends) and has gotten a pretty nice chunk-o-change for a financial aid package. He still needs to save some more to cover what financial aid doesn’t. So please pray that the company he works for gets a lot of construction/remodeling work this summer. If you live in Washtenaw or western Wayne counties and need some work done on your house I can refer you to an honest, competent Christian contractor who will do an excellent job. Beth has about two weeks of school left and then will be home for the summer. Ask God to give her a good summer job, she has a lead on one, but hasn’t been hired yet. Rachel is going to ballet camp this summer for a month and will a couple of sign language classes at Madonna University this fall. Please pray that she will adjust well to taking college classes, and that she will find a part time job as well.

Thanks again for your faithful intercession for us. We’ll keep you up-to-date as the Lord starts to answer these requests.

Blessings,
Chris

No comments: