Jan 29, 2010

Devotional


Nothing between my soul and my Savior,
Naught of this world’s delusive dream;
I have renounced all sinful pleasure;
Jesus is mine, there’s nothing between.


Nothing between, like worldly pleasure;
Habits of life, though harmless they seem;
Must not my heart from Him ever sever;
He is my all, there’s nothing between

Nothing between, like pride or station;
Self or friends shall not intervene;
Though it may cost me much tribulation,
I am resolved, there’s nothing between.


Nothing between, e’en many hard trials,
Though the whole world against me convene;
Watching with prayer and much self denial,
I’ll triumph at last, there’s nothing between.
-Charles Albert Tindley-


EVERYONE INFLUENCES SOMEONE. Paul warned the Philippians about the enemies of the cross in Phil. 3:18. We influence others, but who influences you? Beware of the wrong crowd, worldly values, peer pressure that leads us away from the Lord. May NOTHING ever come between you and your Savior.

Prayer requests:
That we would all heed the counsel of Paul and safeguard our relationship with the Lord.
That we would apply that to our marriages as well. May two become one in all ways with nothing between.
That we would apply that to our immediate families - protect your children from ungodly influences.
That our children at college and at their employments would be able to discern good and bad influences. We are to be lights in the world to point others to Christ. Satan would like nothing more than to extinguish that light.

Paul takes this warning very serious - He gave it in Phil 3:2 and now again in Phil 3:18 & 19. THEY are the ENEMIES OF THE CROSS. Paul wept as he issued the warning. Please heed it for your own well being.
God bless.

Vaya con dios.
John Scherdt

No comments: