Nov 11, 2009

Veterans Day, 2009


Veterans Day, 2009
We take this opportunity to thank the men in our
congregation who have served our country in the
United States Armed Forces:

Don Bolton

Tom Gabbert

Houston James

Clyde Moore

Tom Royal



and we share this special story from Tom Royal:



" As some of you know, I was with the 1st Marine Division in Korea in 1953-54. That was not a fun time, and after that I thought about it as something we had to do, me and thousands of other comrades in arms, and life goes on. In September of this year 2009, 55 years later, we were in Atlanta, Ga visiting our oldest son Rick & Family. Rick has a hobby that he sets up a Military display of 'Korea Remembered' at many city fairs and other functions around Atlanta. His friend Denver sets up a Military display of all 2nd World War. On that week end the city of Alpharetta, Ga had a city fair that was on acres of land, with every thing from arts and crafts to displays of History and the National Guard and U.S Army Display. We were there with Rick and his display, and many people came by to look and ask many questions. At this time an Oriental woman and her two daughters came by and she had to take pictures of her girls under the flags: USA and Korea. After that she asked who was there in Korea at that time. Rick said not me, but my Dad was. She came up to me, grabbed my hand and said thank you for being there during that time. She was from Seoul, Korea and wanted to have my picture taken with her daughters. This is from a woman in her 30's that was not even born then. I have 2nd and 3rd Generations thanking me for being there at that time. Her Parents and Grand Parents had to tell her about that time. This gave me a real jolt and then I knew it had been worth it all. She and her Family could live in a Free Country and she was thanking me for something I had done 55 yrs ago in their homeland. God Bless Her & Her Family and God Bless The USA. NOTE: This all happened at the same time our President was going around the World apologizing for how bad the USA was. He should meet this Mother and her Daughters. There is more to this story. If you care to read it e-mail me and I will send it to you. Have a great Veterans Day and say a prayer for all of our Defenders in Uniform. Have a good one. Tom"

No comments: