May 5, 2009

Honoring Our Mothers

"My Mother The Saint"

I have many wonderful memories of my Mother growing up as a child and later as an adult, enjoying her company and friendship. My Mother had 11 children, losing her first born at the age of two, and later a son and the death of my Father at an early age. My Mom was always the happiest when she was around her family. She cared for her children like a mother hen watching over her chicks. She was a quiet and gentle spirit and didn't want anyone to make a fuss over her. While she had more than her share of struggles, she never lost her faith and her will to look at the blessings of life. She had a great sense of humor and a hardy laugh .. I can still hear her. On her 70th birthday we had a party for her in March and God blessed us with 75 degree weather. I have a picture of her opening her presents with her great granddaughter Kara sitting on her lap. The joy on her face and the "Son" shining from above will remain in my memory forever. At age 77, she went home to the Lord with that same gentle, loving, caring spirit! As a believer, she is a saint, but it's her lifes work that made her a saint in my heart.


Happy Heavenly Mother's Day Mom.
Love, your daughter forever,
Jacqueline



There is a special Mom I'd like to honor on this day,
She is the greatest blessing God ever sent my way.

Her attributes are many, I couldn't even chart,
But it only took one look to attach her to my heart!

She is highly praised and honored by her three loving sons,
Her daughters-in-law are daughters, she loves them everyone one.

Her faith and trust in God is immeasurable, I have never seen it waiver,
It inspired all her family to put their faith & trust in Jesus Christ the Savior.

Now God has blessed us with five precious grandbabies that bring such glee,
There's Kara, Alexa, Jacob, Zoe and little Zachary.

Although I'm the Papa and I love to hug them on my knee,
My greatest joy when she comes in , is to hear them yell Mimi!

While she is a special Mom, who brought life's greatest blessings to me,
I'll love her forever & a day & then some, 'cause she's my darling wife Jacque.


Happy Mothers Day Mimi, from your loving family.
Forever yours, Everett



"My mother - Petrina Plaza, who is now 80 and still very active - was raised a Roman Catholic, as were all of her children. In the early to mid-1970's she heard some biblically-based teaching and was saved. One of her aunts, infuriated at this turn of events, sent her daughter to spy on my Mother's new church. She, in turn, was saved as well! She has constantly prayed for all of her 3 children. I remember how overjoyed she was when I told her of my experience with Christ so many years ago, too".
- Sam Plaza


"Of course I think my Mom is the best (and she is). Anyone who knows my Mom knows that she is a "behind the scenes" quiet force. She would do anything for anyone and doesn't want any thanks for it. I think that most people think my Dad is the strong one and he is strong, but my Mom is the strength behind his strength.I feel blessed and am honored to call her Mom. I could never in a million years thank her for all that she does and the strength that she gives me and my children!"
- Lisa Blevins

I thank the Lord for a Mom who cared so much for me that she encouraged me to learn the Scriptures as a child. My parents instilled in me a love to be with God's people, so I was there every time the doors were open.

My Mom went on to be with the Lord many years ago, but her point of view was brought home to me when my brother found out that I would be pastor at Grace Bible Church. His first response was to say how proud our Mom would be of this accomplishment.
- Pastor Bill


"Let me tell you about my Mom. She was 3 people in 1. She was a pastor's wife, a mother and my best friend. She passed away 19 years ago and I miss her more now then when she died. I have learned ( now in my old age ) that my Mom really did know a lot. The sad thing is that we, or I, learned this too late. So, if you are fortunate enough to still have your Mom, listen to her! Enjoy her! And thank God for making her special."
- Pat Grant

No comments: